Probably you have gotten to the point where there is nothing else that you can do to solve your laptop’s problem other than to reset it. Well, welcome to the right article.
Before taking to this option, make sure you have counted the cost, and it is the last resort. In this post, you will learn how to reset your HP laptop step by step.
Factory reset by using windows setting
You can use this method when you have access to your laptop passwords, and you can log into it. Go to the window Settings for a factory reset of your laptop.
- Press Windows Key+S. the windows key carries the slanted four squares sign of Windows on your keyboard
- Type in reset this PC and hit enter.
- On the right-hand side of your screen, you will see Get Started. Click on it.
- You will have the option of keeping your files or removing everything. Choose the one you prefer.
- If you want to retain your files, apps, and the likes on your system, you can choose to” Keep My Files.” On the other hand, you can go to “Remove Everything” to remove all files, apps, and customizations.
- There is the option of removing all files from your drives or only the Windows installed drive. You also have the choice of just removing your files or deleting them while cleaning the drive.
- So click on reset and wait for the process to complete. It can take some time.
Windows recovery environment
This method is for when you cannot boot into your laptop.
- Switch off your HP laptop. Remove all external and external devices like chords, USB drives, discs and printers, and so on
- Press the power button and switch on your system again.
- Press the F11 key on your laptop. Keep pressing it till you see Choose an option on your screen.
- Then click on Troubleshoot. Select Reset this PC.
- There will be the option to remove your files or remove everything.
- Follow the other instructions and choose the one that suits you.
- You can choose to clean the drive or only remove files entirely.
- Lastly, click on reset.
In addition to the steps above, you can format in windows 10 through an installation disc. All you need to do is to shut down your system and insert the disc.
- Boot your system from the installed disc. Select Repair your computer under install now.
You get here by clicking “Next” twice.
- Press Shift+F10 to begin the command prompt
- Type in diskpart and press Enter. The next thing Is to type the following correctly and successfully after each input.
List disk. Select disk n. clean. Exit
- If it is system drive only you want to format, type in
List disk. Select disc n. list partition. Select partition m. format fs=ntfs quick. Exit
- Complete the whole process patiently and restart the system.
Also, you can use the USB drive to format your laptop. You decide to choose whichever method is suitable for you.
You must have the recent drivers on your system. It can be done manually or automated. It is suitable for your system after formatting.
Check Laptops4Review for more tutorials, how-to, and laptop reviews.